The QNU can advise and represent nurses on a range of industrial issues, such as entitlements in the workplace, through its expert industrial team.
The QNUís industrial officers represent the unionís industrial priorities at the peak, local and member level. Industrial officers also advocate for members in all relevant tribunals and negotiate enterprise bargaining agreements in nursesí and midwivesí workplaces.
There are a variety of issues around which members might receive industrial support including:
- collective bargaining agreements
- wage rates
- leave entitlements, including annual and sick leave, family, parental and long service leave
- dismissals and reinstatements
- hours and rostering practices
- occupational health and safety issues
- time and wages checks (which is a check of a memberís employerís pay records to ensure the correct entitlements are being provided)
- termination, change and redundancy
- many other issues relating to workplace conditions
If you have a pre-existing matter please refer to our 'Member Representation' policy, particularly the section on 'New members and pre-existing matters' (page 6).
For first time users your password is your membership number.
Once logged in you should change your password.
If you have forgotten your password you can reset it here.
If you do not have an email address, forgotten your Membership number, or you're having other issues please contact us for further assistance.