The QNU has produced a series of Information Sheets containing basic information on a range of issues and they are available here to members.
Members can also call the QNU Information Hotline on (07) 3840 1419 or toll free on 1800 177 273 for copies of the Information Sheets.
The Information Hotline is open 24 hours a day and uses a voicemail system. When you call, simply leave your name, address and the title of the Information Sheet you require and it will be sent to you by mail on the next working day.
Click on the Information Sheet to open .
Aged Care Sector Series
- Care standards and staffing levels
- Compulsory reporting of suspected abuse of residents
- Delegation and supervision by the Registered Nurse
- Fire regulations in state government aged care facilities
- Inadequate nurse staffing levels and cuts to nursing hours
- Medication management in aged care
- Residential care agreements
- Enterprise agreements and individual flexibility arrangements
- The new modern nurses' award
- The Nurses Award 2010 and your contract of employment
- Your rights at work
- Asbestos exposure
- Latex hazard
- Provisional Improvement Notices
- Workers' compensation
- Workplace health and safety committees
- Workplace health and safety representatives
Private Sector Series
- Dual registration - ENs/RNs employed as AINs
- Graduate nurses/midwives support programs
- Know your rights when the police are called
- Making statements
- Preparing a statement for the Coroner
- PI insurance and NMBA requirements: what you need to know
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Student nurses employed as assistants in nursing in acute wards/units
Public Sector Series
- Breaks between shifts
- Carer's leave (family responsibilities)
- Dealing with pay errors in Queensland Health
- Freedom of Information - click here to visit the Office of the Information Commissioner information sheets
- Grievance procedures – Queensland Health
- Ordinary hours of work (was 38-hour week)
- Paid parental leave
- Patient Dependency Systems (PDS)
- Performance improvement
- Reporting criminal matters
- QH payroll debacle - Allegations of receiving unjustified cash payments
- QH payroll debacle - Know your rights when you have been referred to the police for suspected fraud
- QNU Workload/Bed Management Strategy
- Work and breastfeeding
Working for you Series
For first time users your password is your membership number.
Once logged in you should change your password.
If you have forgotten your password you can reset it here.
If you do not have an email address, forgotten your Membership number, or you're having other issues please contact us for further assistance.